For children over 7 years
Session 1 – Initial Interview with Parent(s) (1 hour)
This is an essential session that provides important background information on the child.
- General discussion on family relationships
- Child’s social/emotional development
- Developmental Questionnaire
- Introversion-Extraversion Continuum
- Child Behaviour Checklist
- Characteristics of Giftedness
Session 2 – Testing Administration of child (2 hours)
The combination of assessments used ensure a comprehensive reading of child’s intellectual, behavioural and emotional states, strengths and needs.
The following assessments are used:
- Baron Emotional Quotient Inventory – Youth Version
- Child Behavior Checklist ASEBA 2000
*For a small additional fee a reading assessment (Neale Analysis of Reading Ability) and a spelling test are also available if required.
Session 3 – Report and final consultation (1 hour)
- Discussion on report of all test results and child’s responses.
- Recommendations: Best school/class placement for child
- During an assessment we may also pick up the likelihood of learning problems and suggest you book in for an additional WAIS-III achievement assessment
- Enrichment/extension opportunities within or outside school setting
- Questions answered
- Handouts provided
- Two signed copies of a comprehensive written report will be given to parents
- Referrals to other specialists (where needed) will be discussed