For children 2 ½ -6 yearsSession 1 – Initial Interview with Parent(s) (1 hour)
This is an essential session that provides important background information on the child.
- General discussion on family relationships
- Child’s social/emotional development
- Developmental Questionnaire
- Introversion-Extraversion Continuum
- Child Behaviour Checklist
- Characteristics of Giftedness
Session 2 – Testing administration of child (2 hours)
The combination of assessments used ensure a comprehensive reading of child’s intellectual, behavioural and emotional states, strengths and needs.
The following tests are used:
- WPPSI-IV (Australian Standards)
- Child Behavior Checklist ASEBA 2000
Session 3 – Report and final consultation (1 hour)
- Discussion on report of all test results and child’s responses.
- Recommendations, discussion about early entry into school (if relevant)
- During an assessment we may also pick up the likelihood of learning problems and suggest you book in for an additional WAIS assessment
- Enrichment/extension opportunities within or outside preschool setting
- Questions answered
- Two copies of a comprehensive written report
- Referrals to other specialists (where needed) will be discussed
Fee schedule for Fee Schedule 2017
A 6-month follow up consultation is recommended.